Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our Sweet Oz Boo Boo!!

So our precious kitty of 9 years was missing for 2 weeks! This was particularly difficult for all of us (especially my parents) because we came back from our grandma's funeral to find that another member of our family was nowhere to be found. I secretly thought that maybe Grandma took him to heaven with her because she loves cats and Oz is such a great cat. Isn't that silly?

He's an indoor/outdoor cat so it's not unusual for him to be gone for a day or two at the most, but he generally goes out and does wild cat stuff at night and comes home to sleep during the day.

Oz AKA Boo Boo is like my baby! I vividly remember bringing home from my friend's house. I picked him out, my mom picked out our other furry feline, Meeko. They are brother and sister... absolutely nothing alike! Anyway he and Meeko both clung to my chest on the ride home. They were meant to be outdoor cats but that lasted about a day and now they have the best of both worlds!

We have been anxiously awaiting the past 2 weeks for some word of Boo Boo. Even Lyla would look at the sliding door at my parents' house and yell for Boo Boo! I was honestly starting to give up hope. My mom had put notices in the local papers, in the post office, in the grocery store.. everywhere! Finally, on Thursday someone had left a msg for my mom.... someone had heard a cat meowing inside an abandoned house and told this man, who I guess is in charge of this house. The man said he left the door unlocked for her. The house was maybe a block away, so she ran over there on her lunch break and went inside. She called and called for Boo Boo with at first no success but finally heard his loud MEOW! He was upstairs, acting quite wild and skittish, but when he saw my mom, he ran over to her. She picked him up and carried him home. My mom said he seemed to calm down after about half an hour.  Later that day, she noticed that he was napping in sort of an upright position.... barely letting himself fall asleep. That must be how he slept in that house. Now he is back to his old self, lounging and relaxing on the furniture. My parents have even let him sleep in their bed and drink from the faucet in the bathroom! Lucky guy! He's a bit on the skinny side but we're all amazed at how well he looked after being trapped in there for 2 weeks!

So thankful our Oz Boo Boo is home safely!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment